Pages

Sunday 1 December 2013

Book of the Month November

Daffodil Girls (eBook): Stories of love, loss and friendship from the women behind our heroes




This month I have read three very different books but three very strong contenders for my Book of the Month. Philomena tells the heartfelt story of one mothers search for the son who was so cruelly taken from her.  Where as the film tells the story of Philomena's search for he son  the book concentrates much more on the life he had once he was adopted and his subsequent search for his mother.

The Night Rainbow tells the story of one little girls vivid imagination and you become easily wrapped up in her story.

The Daffodil Girls tells the true accounts of the wives and families of serving army personnel and has you laughing and crying in equal amounts.  

Whilst reading Philomena I really didn't think that anything else would match it but I was wrong.  Anyone of these three books could have been my book of the month but in the end for me there was only one winner and that had to be.

Daffodil Girls (eBook): Stories of love, loss and friendship from the women behind our heroes
Book of the Month for November 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.