Pages

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Moab is my washpot - Stephen Fry





Stephen Fry is one of Britain's national treasures. Born in Hampstead in 1957. Following a troubled adolescence, he went on to study English Literature at Queen's College Cambridge.  Moab is my washpot chronicles the early life of Stephen Fry.









Published by: Arrow Books - Memoir
Year: 1997  - Re-issued 2011
Pages: 448
ISBN: 9781409007012


'Moab is my Washpot' is not a book from my 'Yet to be read from the bookshelf' challenge.  Some years ago now I bought D a copy of the 'The Fry Chronicles' and I don't think D has ever read it to this day.  Somehow it ended up taking residence on my bookshelf and was eventually included in my 2014 challenge to have read 13 books from the 'Yet to be read bookshelf' by the end of June.  For anyone of you who has been following this challenge you will know I had completed number 12 at the end of April.  I was therefore already to commence reading 'The Fry Chronicles' but two pages in I soon realised there was an earlier book and being the control freak that I am I decided I would have to read this one first so promptly downloaded a copy to my Kindle. 

'Moab is my Washpot' chronicles the early years of Stephen Fry's life.  From moving from Hampstead to the Norfolk Broads as a child. Attending boarding school with his older brother Roger and his relationship with his parents and sister Jo.. He was a very troubled young man never really settling at school which lead to eventual expulsion. His teenage years were just as troubled and eventually lead him to a prison sentence for fraud. At age 20 he seemed to turn his life around when he got a scholarship to Cambridge and this is where this chapter closes and another opens in the next installment from Stephen Fry in his book 'The Fry Chronicles'. Obviously there is a little more than that contained within the 448 pages of the book but then I wouldn't want to tell you everything and spoil it for you. 

I do admire Stephen Fry as a writer, comedian, actor and presenter, his talents are endless.  His book Moab is my Washpot is equally as entertaining and worth the time to read.

I'm now off to start and read my 13th and final book of my 'Yet to be read from the bookshelf' challenge which of course is going to be 'The Fry Chronicles'.


Happy reading one & all.

Mx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.