Pages

Saturday 21 June 2014

Cider with Rosie - Vintage Lee

Cider with Rosie is a wonderfully vivid memoir of childhood in a remote Costwold village, a village before electricity or cars, a timeless place on the verge of change. Growing up amongst the fields and woods and characters of the place, Laurie Lee depicts a world that is both immediate and real and belongs to a now-distant past.


Publisher: Vintage Classics - Paperback
Year: New Ed edition November 2002
Pages: 232
ISBN:978-0099285663


Cider with Rosie is my return to school read for June. My sister read this one for her A Levels. In this delightful memoir Laurie Lee describes his childhood, growing up with his brothers and sisters in a small Cotswold village. He tells of his time at school and the friendships he made including Rosie.  Throughout the book there are lots of anecdotal stories and little sketches and it was a delightful entertaining read. and one I am glad I revisited even if it was on behalf of my sister. 

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.