Pages

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Summer reads

Do you remember the picture of the White Rabbit I posted a few weeks ago? Well I am still in the same place worrying that I am late for a very important date.
That would be because we are at the end of June and I haven't posted my Summer reads collection until today the 30th June.


As always I have moved a selection of books from my bookshelf that will become my summer reads 2015. There may be some additions to this line up depending on how quickly I get through those now sitting by my bedside. I am way behind posting about the books I have chosen to read through the Summer months. In fact as you will see below there are links to all the books I have read and posted about throughout June and here we are already fast approaching July. 


  

And of course there are those that are patiently waiting their turn on my Kindle (currently 23).
I still can't decide which I prefer, the convenience of a Kindle especially when travelling or the feel of a paperback in my hands. I think I will always flit between the two. 



So in June I  returned to my favourite childhood read Follyfoot by Monica Dickens. Monica Dickens is the great granddaughter of Charles Dickens. She kept horses herself and loved riding. Her Follyfoot series of books was made into a TV series in the 70's and I loved watching with my elder sister who was and is still completely mad on horses. My first choice from the bookshelf was  One Summer by David Baldaci. Quite a departure from his usual novels.   I usually steer clear of TV presenter turned novelist type books, but having listened to Judy Finnigan on the Graham Norton Saturday morning radio show a while ago describing the idea for Eloise I decided to give it ago.   My next Kindle pick was Elizabeth is Missing, the debut novel by Emma Healey.  There have been a few reviews for this one across blog land, in fact it is Laura's choice who hosts The Year in Books Project's June choice so it will be interesting to see what we both thought of it. Moving on it's back to the paperbacks with Laline Paull's The Bees . This one was recommended to me by a colleague and her description of it was a Watership Down for adults.

This month I felt as though I had lost my mojo with my reading. I didn't seem to really pick any that had me gripped to the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next.  I did enjoy Follyfoot but then who doesn't like returning to their childhood every now and then. Out of the five books I have read this month I think the best one has been




and therefore will be my book of the month for June.




Now if you haven't already don't forget to enter my anniversary giveaway details of which you can find here.

Happy reading one & all and I will endeavour to better at taking part in Laura's
The Year in Books Project in July.

Mx










4 comments:

  1. You certainly are going to have a busy summer of reading!! I hope that you enjoy it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My choice of reading very much is depicted by my mood so I like to have lots of different books to choose from. Plus the fact I cannot pass the supermarket shelf without having a look see and that's fatal as one is bound to find it's way into my basket.

      Delete
  2. I loved The Bees, very unusual and beautifully told. Go Flora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was the girl power of the bee world wasn't she.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.