Pages

Monday 29 June 2015

The Bees - Laline Paull

Accept. Obey. Serve.


Flora 717 us a survivor. Born into the lowest class of the totalitarian hive society she is prepared to sacrifice everything for the Queen, surviving internal massacres, religious purges and terrifying invasions by vicious wasps. With each act of bravery her staus grows, revealing both the enemies within and the sinister secrets that rule the hive. But when her instinct to serve is overwhelmed by a fierce and deeply forbidden maternal love, she breaks the most sacred law of all.....


................................................................................................

I love seeing bees in my garden and at this time of the year they are everywhere.





There is nothing better than wondering into my garden and seeing them busy at their work.

The Bees was recommended to me by a colleague quite a while ago and she described it as Watership Down for adults and I think that was a very apt analogy.

The Bees as you have probably guessed already is set within a bee hive and follows the life journey of Flora 717 whose place within the hive is as a sanitation worker as depicted by her birth but,  Flora 717 is no ordinary bee and her journey through her life cycle is to cause her great danger as she breaks the most sacred rule 'only the Queen may breed' but when the hive is threatened it will be Flora 717 whose bravery will be put to the test to save them.

......................................................................................

I did enjoy reading this one.  I'd had a bit of a slump this last month. I wasn't getting my usual enjoyment out of the books I had chosen to read. That has thankfully been restored and I would recommend you read The Bees but remember you have to put yourself into their world.

Moving on I have picked



I had to pick this one for it's title alone. It has been patiently waiting it's turn on my Kindle and having read the first chapter I know I made the right choice.

Happy reading one & all

Mx

ps

Don't forget if you have done so already to take part in my anniversary giveaway here I will be picking the winner on

Sunday 12th July.




1 comment:

  1. The Bees sounds really good and I really like the sound of the knitting one too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.